Contact us if you need assistance with your BIG GREEN EGG warranty. We can help.
The Big Green Egg (“BGE”) was the first ceramic grill manufacturer in the world to stand behind its products by offering a Limited Lifetime Warranty, and has maintained this standard for over twenty years! Today, each Big Green Egg is carefully inspected and certified to be the highest-quality product of its kind, and we continue to offer best-in-class customer service and warranty support to purchasers of the Ultimate Cooking Experience!™
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE BIG GREEN EGG LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
1. THE BIG GREEN EGG: Each Big Green Egg® ceramic cooker (XLarge, Large, Medium, Small and Mini) carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty for materials and workmanship on all ceramic components (including dome, base, damper top, fire box and fire ring) to the original purchaser or owner who has purchased the product from an Authorized Dealer (the “Warranty”) and has registered their Warranty as required. This Warranty is valid for as long as the original purchaser owns the EGG® or covered component, except for other ceramic, metal and wood components which are covered as explained below. This warranty is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights.
2. OTHER CERAMIC PRODUCTS: The Big Green Egg brand of Plate Setter and Ceramic Pizza/Baking Stones carry a Limited Three (3) Year Warranty to the original purchaser. These ceramic components are not covered for breakage from dropping, misuse or abuse.
3. METAL COMPONENTS: Metal, Stainless Steel and Cast Iron components of the EGG (including the metal bands, hinge mechanism, dual function metal top, cooking grid, fire grate and draft door) carry a Limited Five (5) Year Warranty to the original purchaser.
The Big Green Egg makes every effort to utilize materials that resist rust and to use high temperature paint on metal surfaces. However, metal materials and protective coatings can be compromised by various surface scratches or exposure to substances and conditions beyond BGE’s control. Among other things, chlorine, industrial fumes, chemicals, fertilizers, extreme humidity, lawn pesticides and salt are some of the substances that can corrode paint and finish on metal coatings. For these reasons, the Warranty on Metal, Stainless Steel and Cast Iron Components DOES NOT COVER RUST, OXIDATION, FADING or other BLEMISHES unless it also results in a loss of structural integrity or a failure of these components of the EGG.
4. WOOD COMPONENTS: Wood items, including EGG Mates and Genuine BGE Tables, carry a Limited One (1) Year Warranty to the original purchaser. Only Genuine BGE Tables are covered under this Warranty – please be certain the table you purchased is a Genuine BGE product. Wood products are not covered for normal cosmetic changes, weathering or cracks unless there is also a loss of structural integrity.
NOTICE: DO NOT place an EGG directly on or near a combustible surface, deck, table or other support without the use of a BGE Metal Nest or Metal Table Nest, or without making use of other fireproof barrier such as a 2” concrete paver block under the EGG, as this will void the Warranty and BGE expressly disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage which may result. See Getting Started and Safety Tips at BigGreenEgg.com.
5. TEMPERATURE GAUGE AND GASKET: Gaskets and the Temperature Gauge carry a Limited One (1) Year Warranty to the original purchaser.
6. MISCELLANEOUS: Other BGE components or BGE accessories purchased from an Authorized Big Green Egg Dealer may also carry various warranties – please check the specific item for details.
7. WHAT IS NOT COVERED: These Warranties are based on normal and reasonable residential use and service of the EGG. Commercial uses and related applications are excluded from Warranty coverage. Warranty does not apply to any incidental losses or accidental damage or breakage, or for any damage caused by: transporting; dropping; misassembly; improperly supporting; attempting to suspend the EGG by any means other than an approved BGE Nest or solid, non-combustible surface under the base; commercial use; modifications; alterations; negligence; abuse; improper care; road hazards; normal and reasonable wear and tear; or natural disasters. Warranty coverage does not extend to scratches, dents, chips, crazing, fading, appearances or minor cosmetic cracks of the exterior glaze that do not affect the performance of the EGG.
BIG GREEN EGGS AND RELATED BGE PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM UNAUTHORIZED RESELLERS, UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTIES OR THROUGH UNAUTHORIZED RETAIL CHANNELS SUCH AS DISCOUNT CLUBS AND DISCOUNT CHAIN STORES ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY.
Please note: When a consumer purchases from an unauthorized source, even one operating as a legitimate business offering products in unopened boxes with blank warranty cards (but is an unauthorized reseller), they are buying, by legal definition, used products. When someone buys from an unauthorized reseller or retailer, or from an unauthorized online reseller, they are almost always buying items without manufacturer’s warranties regardless of any statements or claims made by the seller. This is the published policy of many brands and companies, not just BGE.
8. DATE OF COVERAGE: The Warranty coverage begins when an EGG is purchased from an Authorized Dealer and is registered at BigGreenEgg.com by the original purchaser or owner as required under this Warranty. If you are unable to register your EGG at the website, an Authorized Dealer can provide a form to complete and mail to BGE.
9. COVERAGE UNDER THE WARRANTY: Original BGE components that are found to have defects in materials or workmanship, and that are covered under a valid and registered Warranty, will be replaced or repaired at the sole discretion of BGE at no cost for the warranted item or component, subject to the terms and conditions of this Warranty. Any Warranty claim must include an accurate description of the problem or visual evidence of the defective part.
10. WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE: A valid proof of purchase receipt from an Authorized Dealer will be required to make a Warranty claim. For Warranty support, contact the Authorized Dealer from which the item was purchased.
You may contact any Authorized Dealer if the EGG was purchased within the United States. For EGGs purchased in countries outside the United States, Warranty claims are handled by an Authorized Dealer or Distributor in the country of purchase.
Please refer to the INTERNATIONAL section of the BGE website at BigGreenEgg.com to locate the Authorized BGE International Distributor in your particular region. Warranty claims must be made through an Authorized Dealer or Distributor within the original country of purchase.
Do not ship or mail any components for a Warranty claim before contacting an Authorized Dealer or Distributor, as in some cases it may not be necessary to return the warranted part.
11. INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR CLAIM: Proof of Purchase is required. A purchase receipt showing date of purchase and name of Authorized Dealer from which the EGG or other BGE product was purchased must be provided with any Warranty claim. For Warranty purposes, an original purchaser is the person whose name appears on the purchase receipt, or is in possession of an original purchase receipt, and who has registered their BGE Warranty as required.
12. SHIPPING AND DELIVERY: BGE is not liable for shipping, delivery charges, labor, packaging costs, export/import duties, VAT or any levied taxes resulting from any Warranty claim, service, repair or return, unless authorized in advance in writing by BGE.
13. VOIDING THE WARRANTY: Any unauthorized modifications or alterations to an EGG will void the Warranty. This includes drilling holes or tampering with any of the parts; using any parts inside the EGG other than authentic BGE components; or using any internal components in any way other than as intended by the manufacturer. Modifying or substituting any internal components, including the fire grate and fire ring, will void the Warranty, and BGE expressly disclaims any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage which may result. The pouring of lighter fluids or any flammable mixture onto or into an EGG will void the Warranty. This practice is dangerous and may result in damage or injury. Please see Safety Tips at BigGreenEgg.com.
14. DELAY OR DEFAULT: The Big Green Egg shall not be liable for any delay or default in BGE’s performance under the Warranty caused by any event or contingency beyond the control of BGE, including, without limitation, acts of God, war, government restrictions or restraints, strikes, fire, floods, transportation delays or reduced supply of materials.
15. LIMITATIONS: This Limited Warranty is non-transferable. There are no other warranties, express or implied, except as specifically stated in this Warranty or as may be provided for under statutory rights which vary from state to state and country to country. The Big Green Egg does not authorize any person or representative to make or assume for BGE any obligation or liability in connection with the sale of any EGG or BGE product.
Warranties, whether written, oral, expressed or implied, are not extended to persons who obtain the product from any source other than the Big Green Egg or from an Authorized Big Green Egg Distributor or Dealer, or through an authorized BGE promotion. Purchasing and/or accepting delivery of any BGE product from unauthorized dealers or online resellers will void the Warranty associated with that product. The Big Green Egg is not sold at discount clubs, discount chain stores, online or by e-commerce stores, and any product purchased from any such retailer is not covered under Warranty. Authorized Dealers can be located or verified at the BigGreenEgg.com website.
16. BGE’s OBLIGATIONS: The repair or replacement of parts in the manner and for the period of time stipulated hereunder shall constitute the fulfillment of all Warranty obligations and/or any direct and derivative liabilities of the Big Green Egg. A purchaser’s exclusive remedy for any breach of this Warranty or of any other implied Warranty is limited as outlined herein to replacement or repair of the component, shipped to purchaser at purchaser’s expense.
17. LIMITATIONS: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, ALL STATUTORY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL NOT EXTEND BEYOND THIS WARRANTY. LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IS EXCLUDED.
Some states and/or countries do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
18. REGISTER THE WARRANTY: Warranty registration is available at BigGreenEgg.com. Failure to register the EGG at BigGreenEgg.com, or to register your purchase by other means that may be made available by BGE, will invalidate your Warranty. If you require a printed form to mail in, please see any Authorized Dealer or Distributor. The Warranties as specified herein contain all your specific legal rights under the Big Green Egg Limited Lifetime Warranty. However, you may have other rights which vary from state to state and country to country.
19. HEADINGS: The headings used in this Warranty are for convenience only, and shall not alter the terms of the Warranty.
Thank you for choosing a Big Green Egg – we know you will enjoy The Ultimate Cooking Experience, and we are here along with our Authorized Dealer network to stand behind you with unmatched customer service and warranty support.
The Big Green Egg Team
© copyright 2013 Big Green Egg. All Rights Reserved. Effective 01 January 2013